Friday, March 15, 2013

Donuts


The saying "Going nuts over Donuts" is so apt for me.Being mad in love with Krispy Kreme Donuts,Sometimes I drive my Hubby nuts for those Donuts that once he even decided to shift our house near a Donut franchise:) :) Should be given a second thought!! Last week I decided to give homemade Donuts a try and believe me it tastes really good though its not so close to KK Donuts.I will perfect the art of making KK Donuts oneday and sure will post it.Donuts,Donuts,Donuts and here goes the recipe...

INGREDIENTS:
Yeast-1 packet
All purpose flour-2 1/2 cups
Sugar-1/4 cup
Milk(warm)-3/4 cup
Salt-a generous pinch
Butter(Unsalted)- 2 Tbsp
Egg yolks-2
Oil for deep frying

For Chocolate Glaze:
(Recipe adapted from here)
Unsalted Butter-1/4 cup
Milk-1/8 cup
Corn syrup-1/2 Tbsp
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Bittersweet chocolate-1/4 cup 
Sugar-1 cup



For Sugar Glaze:
Melted Butter-1/4 cup
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Sugar -1 cup
Milk-2 Tbsp(white glaze) or water(clear glaze)

Whisk every ingredient in a bowl and adjust thickness of glaze as per your convenience by adding more/less water.

METHOD:

  1. In a bowl,mix sugar,yeast with warm milk and leave them until it starts to foam for around 10 minutes.
  2. In  another bowl,add all purpose flour,egg yolks,salt ,melted butter and whisk them well.Add the yeast mixture to this,mix well and knead it into a ball.
  3. Leave this mixture in a warm place for an hour.Let them double in size.
  4. Roll dough on a flat surface with a rolling pin into 1/2 inch thickness.Cut out rounds with a donut cutter or some round shaped object and transfer it into a baking sheet greased with butter.
  5. Leave it for another 45 to 50 mts until it rises again
  6. .Heat a wok and fry the donuts for 1 minute per side until it is golden brown.Transfer to paper towels.
  7. Dip the donuts into glaze and  add sprinkles.Let them set for a few minutes.Enjoy!!


              

SCRIBBLED NOTES:
  • Use fresh yeast for making the dough
Sending to:

43 comments:

  1. hi nisha...sweeeeeeeetttttt post....i became crazy for donuts after having them from dunkin donuts shop here - they are amazing. i am sure you have a wonderful recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow yummy looking donuts dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious, your donuts making me hungry..

    ReplyDelete
  4. tempting lovely donuts....

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks really yummy, dear... i share my liking with you for krispy kreme, i prefer them over dunkin donuts anytime!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Thank you so much dear sweettooth Rafeeda :-)

      Delete
  6. Yummy and delicious dear. Very sweet and nice. I love donuts..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Akheela for coming around :-)

      Delete
  8. Hi Nisha,
    Thank you so much for stopping by my space and joining me.
    Those donuts look so yummy especially the one with chocolate dripping from the side.
    Meena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much meena :)Happy to be one of your blogger friends :)

      Delete
  9. Wow:) home made doughnuts. Nothing beats that.Looks decadent
    I am at http://goodeatstostyle.blogspot.com/
    Would love to see your there

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always wanted to try out donuts.. Cute looking donuts.. Bookmarked :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job on the doughnuts! I love homemade doughnuts. I am not a Krispy Kreme fan but my husband and brother are! I like a local chain in Houston called Shipleys and every time we go back, the kids all want doughnuts from Shipleys.

    Nothing beats home made though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear :)By the way,I would love to know your name.jus chkd ur blog,but can't find your name :(

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks dear...Lovely event,will send my recipes soon :-)

      Delete
  14. Wonderful and exciting award is waiting for you in my place, please collect it.
    http://priyas-virundhu.blogspot.co.uk/p/awards.html

    Will be happy if you follow me back.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing beats homemade donuts. Looks delicious.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. Appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Howdy! This post couldn't be written much better! Looking at this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept talking about this. I'll send this information
    to him. Fairly certain he's going to have a great read. Thanks for sharing!

    my site; http://social.easynet.mn/blogs/21087/55883/environmentally-friendly-coffee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it ..

    If you have time Please visit my blog too
    http://justnotthecakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi ,Thank you so much for your valuable comments.